Nothing beats a hearty Ukrainian meal! Please check out our Dinner and Take Out menu for information on the delicious food available for purchase. Our Friday Night Supper was recently featured on the Ukrainian Vancouver website. Please check out their Ukrainian Perogy Factory in Vancouver story! If you’re on Facebook, check out our event.
@e have decided to host it again at Confederation Park in Burnaby. You can find the park North of Hastings Street just East of Willingdon Avenue.
You will find our group in Picnic Area #2. A more detailed map can be found here.
If you’re on Facebook, please RSVP on our event page.
There will be food, games and music and hopefully sunshine!
Date: Sunday June 11th
Time: After Church to 8:00 pm
Our guest speaker will be Langley – Aldergrove Member of Parliament Mark Warawa.
Please RSVP through our Facebook event.
SCHEDULE OF SERVICES for PALM SUNDAY, HOLY WEEK and EASTER – April 2017
APRIL 9 – Palm Sunday: Entry of Christ into Jerusalem. Divine Liturgy at 10:00 am. The pussy willows will be blessed at the end of the Holy Liturgy. Following this, the faithful will be anointed and the willows distributed.
APRIL 10 – The beginning of Holy Week: The final week before the observance of Christ’s Resurrection is known as the Holy Week or Passion Week. These are the holiest days of the year, a time for accentuated prayer and fasting. LET US DO WHATEVER WE CAN to observe this final week of the Great Lent.
APRIL 13 – Great and Holy Thursday, Passion of Christ: Reading of the Twelve Gospels at 7:00 p.m.
APRIL 14 – Great and Holy Friday: Vespers and bringing out of the HOLY SHROUD (PLASHCHANYTSIA) at 7:00 pm.
APRIL 15 – Great and Holy Saturday: Acts of the Apostles at 6:00 pm. The Midnight Office (Polunoshnytsia) at 6:30 pm.
APRIL 16 – THE RADIANT RESURRECTION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST – HOLY PASCHA 7:00 A.M.PROCESSION TO THE ENTRANCE OF THE CHURCH; PASCHAL MATINS; PASCHAL HOURS. 8:00 A.M. PASCHAL DIVINE LITURGY.
BLESSING OF PASCHAL BASKETS FOLLOWING THE DIVINE LITURGY.
Following the Blessing of Easter baskets, those who wish to remain and share a Fellowship Hour and their Easter basket foods with other worshipers are cordially invited to do so. There will be coffee served.
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR’S SERVICES WILL BE HELD AS FOLLOWS
- January 7th – Christ’s Nativity – Great Compline 9:30 am; Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- January 8th – Synaxis of the Theotokos Service 10:00 am
- January 9th – First Martyr Stephen Service 10:00 am
- January 15th – New Year’s Day Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- January 18th – The Eve of the Theophany: 6:00 pm Festal Vespers with the Great Blessing of Water. A Parish Theophany Meal (Spil’na Kutia) will follow at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. We extend a warm welcome to one and all to join us in this special celebration. Cost for the dinner will be by donation. Please support the Parish with your generous donation.
- January 19th – The Holy Theophany of our Lord and Saviour
Jesus Christ: 9:30 am hours; 10:00 Divine Liturgy followed by the Great
Blessing of Water.