THE CUP AND THE BREAD.
LET US NOT FORGET HOLY COMMUNION…
One of the highlights of the coming Great Fast for every believing Christian is the receiving of the Holy Eucharist. “Take and eat,” Jesus commanded at the Mystical Supper before He died. “Drink you all of this,” He said at the Table as He met for the last time with His friends.
“Holy Communion is a communal act testifying the we comprise one family, the family of Christ.” We come as His children to the common Cup and Table. We gather at the Supper today as the Lord’s family, just as He gathered that family about Himself centuries ago.
Communion is also a personal act that brings us into an intimate union with Christ. The Lord once said the whosoever partakes of the Eucharist “abides in Me, and I in him.”
Holy Communion is also a pledge of eternal life. It is a foretaste of the eternal feast to come. “It is a sign of the Lord’s death and resurrection; therefore, of our own death to sin and resurrection to life.” By receiving Holy Communion in faith, we become one body with Christ and a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit.
Please join us for our annual picnic!
We have decided to host it again at Confederation Park in Burnaby. You can find the park North of Hastings Street just East of Willingdon Avenue.
You will find our group in Picnic Area #2. A more detailed map can be found here.
If you’re on Facebook, please RSVP on our event page.
There will be food, games and music and hopefully sunshine!
Date: Sunday June 10th
Time: After Church Service to 8:00 pm
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral has begun an outreach project to help the needy of the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver. On October 14th, 2017 we assembled and distributed over 100 lunches to the hungry. We look to continue this initiative for the less fortunate. In January we look to complete another day of outreach. In addition to the lunches we would like to give out clothing as well. The weather is still cold and wet and having clean, dry and warm clothing makes a huge difference in a person’s daily life. We will be collecting gloves, mitts, toques, and socks after Sunday service at lunch (12pm -1:30pm) and the Friday Night Supper on January 12th, 2017( 5pm-8pm). Clothing will be collected up until January 19th, 2017. Please remember the less fortunate and thank you for your compassion and support.
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR’S SERVICES WILL BE HELD AS FOLLOWS
- January 7th, 2019 – Christ’s Nativity – Great Compline 9:30 am; Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- January 8th – Synaxis of the Theotokos Service 10:00 am
- January 9th – First Martyr Stephen Service 10:00 am
- January 14th – New Year’s Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- January 18th – The Eve of the Theophany: 6:00 pm Festal Vespers with the Great Blessing of Water. A Parish Theophany Meal (Spil’na Kutia) will follow at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. We extend a warm welcome to one and all to join us in this special celebration. Cost for the dinner will be by donation. Please support the Parish with your generous donation.
- January 19th – The Holy Theophany of our Lord and Saviour
Jesus Christ: 9:30 am hours; 10:00 Divine Liturgy followed by the Great
Blessing of Water.
All members and visitors are invited to attend these Services.